The Neue Automobil Gesellscnaft company (The new Automobile Company, in abbreviated form – NAG) was formed as a result of merger of companies of Allgemeine Automobil Gesel-Ischaft (AAG), AEG (the German Electrotechnical Company), and subsequently and Kuhlstein Wagenbau Gesellschaft firms. As the initiator of merge of all firms the director of AEG - Walter Rateno who decided to be engaged in production of cars acted.
Still before the AAG company was redeemed by the AEG, AAG enterprise already assembled cars, first of which was equipped with the 1-cylinder engine which power made only 5 horsepowers. This car developed by professor Klingenberg to ours remained in the Moscow Polytechnical Museum and is an example of successful technical solutions of the beginning of the XX century.
The Kuhlstein Wagenbau Gesellschaft company before association was engaged in development of electric cars. Connection of various projects and coproduction of cars was Walter Rateno's purpose. The design department of the joint concern was headed by the engineer Josef Follmer working earlier in Kuhlstein.
The design department worked at the same time both over automobile, and on trucks. The models equipped two - and the 10 and 20 horsepowers four-cylinder motors respectively, and also the tractor with the 50 h.p. metal wheels and some trucks small loading capacity (from 1,5 to 6 tons) became the first cars released by the enterprise. The company released all necessary accessories itself, and even cast tires were included into the list of its production. Then some models with the 1,9 liters 2-cylinder engine and two cars with 4-cylinder motors which volume made 5,2 and 8 liters were developed.
The car which received the name Puck became the following model. This model with the 1,6 liters engine became very popular and glorified the automobile companies NAG. The Puck car formed a basis for a racing car of Darling on which the cup of Geterborga passing in the winter in Sweden three years in a row – from 1912 to 1914 was won. However it were not the only models which are let out before war. Also cars under an index "K" which were equipped with engines from 1,5 to 3,3 liters were made. Power of these units varied from 12 to 25 horsepowers. Besides, rather powerful car designated as model 50/60HP which was equipped with the motor with a working volume of 8,5 liters was made.
During World War I production of passenger cars was stopped. After the end of military operations some auto makers decided to unite. The largest corporation under the name Gemeinschaft Deutscher Automobilfabriken (Community of the German automobile producers) or GDA which, besides NAG concern, included such companies as Brennabor, Hansa-Lloyd and Hansa was so created. However this association wasn't full merge. It was necessary to combine efforts in one industry as the condition of the country in general was not really favorable.
In a year after war the NAG company resumed production of automobile cars. The first post-war car received the 4-cylinder engine with lateral valves with a working volume of 2,5 liters. Also also the sports modification which achieved considerable progress in competitions was let out.
In 1923 the model with the 2,6 liters 4-cylinder motor was published. In 1926 the Protos firm together with which constructed two models equipped with the 3,1 and 3,6 liters 6-cylinder engines was redeemed. Respectively, the name these cars received NAG-Protos. In 1927 NAG attached to itself small firms Dux and Presto. Then the NAG concern adjusted cooperation with the producer of the Bussing trucks.
In 1928 one more company Voran was a part of NAG concern. Together with this firm the designer Richard Buessijen also came to concern. After a while the engineer Paul Henze who before it left the Belgian firm Minerva joined technical group. Paul Henze also became the founder of the new 6-cylinder engine nearly 4 liters who was used within two years. Having started the 6-cylinder motor in production, the engineer undertook development of the V-shaped 8-cylinder unit with the top valves which volume had to make 4,5 liters.
In 1931 the first of the German cars with the V8 engine was let out is there was a NAG-218 V8 model. Power of the unit made 100 horsepowers. The car was assembled on a spar frame, using suspension brackets on semielliptical springs and drum brakes on all wheels. A transmission established the mechanical 4-staged. Upon purchase of NAG-218 the potential buyer had opportunity to choose a body: sedan or cabriolet. By the way, the maximum speed which this car could develop, reached 130 km/h.
In 1932 the NAG-212 car which is also developed by Hents together with Byussiyen was presented. It was the front-wheel model equipped with the same V8 engine. The NAG-212 model received completely independent suspension bracket on all wheels. The car gathered on a tubular frame which was supplied with two P-shaped spars located behind.
In 1933 the last passenger car of NAG concern – front-wheel model 220 which was managed to be made in only several copies as the management of the company made the decision to refuse production of cars and completely to concentrate on cargo development was released. However change of activity didn't bring any result: the NAG concern soon was closed, however, the glory about it remained to live in the hearts of many admirers of the German automotive industry.1 - 7
The German company Audi has announced the expansion of its line of auto collection Allroad in several different variations. The reason for this was the growing popularity of four-wheel-drive cars, wh...
It is not a secret that the ideological heir of the famous Mazda RX-7 will see the light of the fiftieth anniversary of the first rotary sports car of this brand, meaning in 2017. But to own the cent...
BMW is preparing the next program upgrade cars of the third family. The changes will affect not only the appearance, but also the engine range: the Bavarians are going to prepare for three-pointers m...
Renault is going to try his hand in a very utilitarian segment: according to some, the engineers of the French brand are already working on a full pickup truck, which can carry at least a ton of carg...
A small, newly founded company Puritalia Automobili unveiled in Milan, his only development - Roadster Puritalia 427, built on the grounds of the classic sports cars of the 60-ies, including the Shel...