The Societe Industrielle de Mechanique et Carrosserie Automobile company (Industrial society on production of cars and bodies, an abbreviation – SIMCA) was organized in 1934 by Italian Henri-Theodore Pigozzi (on the birth – Teodoro Enrico Pigozzi) in the town of Nanterre located near Paris.
Initially the founding father of the company mastered production of cars according to the license of the FIAT company. The car 6CV (1934) which repeated FIAT 508 Balilla became the first. Further the SIMCA-FIAT 11 CV model (the copy of the FIAT 518 Ardita model) was let out, and in 1936 appeared SIMCA-5 (analog of FIAT-500 Topolino) and SIMCA-8 which repeated FIAT-1100. The same models became a basis for further development of the famous designer Amadeus Gordini who created the SIMCA-Gordini car which won among a car of the class race in Le Mans in 1939.
The first independently designed car appeared only in 1951 is there was Aronde minicar equipped with the bearing body. The model became very popular, and literally for a year of release about 20 000 copies were sold, and by 1959 sales increased to an indicator in 100 thousand.
In 1962 the model was modernized and Aronde R-60 began to be called. The car with the 1,3 liters line 4-cylinder engine was equipped with a mechanical 4-staged transmission, an independent forward lever and spring suspension bracket and an integral beam on semielliptical springs of the back bridge. Brakes of the car were drum on all wheels. Power of the power unit made 70 horsepowers. At such power of a car could gather speed to 142 km/h. Further without changes the car was made only till 1964.
Still earlier, in 1954, the SIMCA company redeemed the French plant of Ford concern in the city of Puassi together with the license for assembly of Vedette cars. This model equipped with the V8 motor of 2,3 liters and 84 "horses" was made till 1961 when her production was transferred to Brazil where it proceeded to the 1967th. The recently acquired plant became the basic for the SIMCA company, and old, in Nanterre, was sold rather big already at that time to Citroen concern as superfluous.
In 1957 the Ariane model which was collected with a body and on the Vedette car chassis, and also with the 4-cylinder engine of the Aronde model was let out. In 1959 the Talbot firm was a part of SIMCA corporation. However through time directly SIMCA lost former popularity and started experiencing financial difficulties. As a result of 15% of actions were sold to the American concern Chrysler.
In 1961 the SIMCA-1000 model which engine settled down behind was presented. This car differed in a body a little angular, and rather clumsy at first sight. The car was equipped with the line 4-cylinder motor with the top valves, engine displacement made 0,95 liters, and power – 42 horsepowers. The forward suspension bracket was independent on a cross spring, and back – lever and spring, but also independent. The maximum speed of the car reached 130 km/h.
In 1966 the SIMCA-1000 model received semi-automatic coupling of Ferodo firm. In 1969 on the basis of the same model the Special car with the 1,1 liters motor was released. The sports option of the car - SIMCA-1300 which engine possessed volume in 1,3 liters left the little later to the public also. Power of the motor of this model made 82 horsepowers. Then there was one more sports car on the basis of the same SIMCA-1000 – Rallye.
In 1963 the share of the American concern Chrysler in the SIMCA company made 63% that meant the actual change of the owner. However at the same time promptly the model range SIMCA-900, 1300 and 1500 cars extended. But in 1964 the founder of SIMCA firm – Pigozzi died, and in 1967 Chrysler once again increased the share in this company – to 77%.
In 1968 the SIMCA-1100 model with the forward drive and cross located engine with a working volume of 1,1 liters was let out. In two years the office of military-industrial concern Matra was a part of the SIMCA company. From this point production of the sports Bagheera model began, and also passenger-and-freight cars of Rancho were issued.
In July, 1970 the share of Chrysler concern made already 99% therefore the company received the name Chrysler-France. Nevertheless, still some time cars continued to receive the old names SIMCA, but were renamed into SIMCA Chrysler later. The Chrysler-160 and 180 models were published the same period of time.
In 1975 the whole series of SIMCA Chrysler cars was presented. Models 1307 and 1308 with the forward drive and cross located 1,3 and 1,4 liters engine respectively became most widespread. Power of these units made from 68 to 85 horsepowers.
In 1977 classical SIMCA Chrysler cars 1609 and 1610 didn't become such popular, as previous 1307 and 1308. In this regard, in 1978, Chrysler met some financial difficulties, and as a result for their decision the concern sold all the European productions to Peugeot Citroen group, and the SIMCA Chrysler models began to be issued under the Talbot trademark.1 - 50 | 51 - 100 | 101 - 150 | 151 - 178
Fans of classic SUVs can exhale. Update Mercedes-Benz G-class, which is waiting for the SUV in 2016, will not affect the style of the exterior is the famous "gelandewagen" will remain square-brutal. ...
Rumors that Apple may try yourself as an automaker, appeared quite a long time. But now it became known that the shareholders of the company have found the easiest way to join the pool of high-tech a...
Volvo has introduced a new modification of the "all terrain" hatchback V40 Cross Country. She got a new petrol turbo family Drive-E and all-wheel drive system. The hatchback has called the most envir...
The ideologists of the environmental sub-brand BMW i can consider themselves winners. The plant in Leipzig, where models available i3 and i8, fails to satisfy all potential customers, and the leaders...
Jaguar can develop a new coupe in the style of Gran Turismo to close the formed following the rejection of the model Jaguar XK niche. However, whether XK is a new generation or a completely new model...